Fire Emblem Heroes - Friend Codes

This subsection of the forum is visible to the internet. It's for content that posters are okay having indexed by search engines.
Kaihaku
Site Admin

Fire Emblem Heroes - Friend Codes

Post by Kaihaku »

The friend function does very little outside of Voting Gauntlets - though maybe more with the rumored build a village mode? But if you play, send me a request and I'll add you if I recognize your user name.

My friend code is 5448311914. Share your own here if interested and maybe one day Kiltman will join us.

TheUnknownMarine

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - Friend Codes

Post by TheUnknownMarine »

So riddle me two things, oh King of Kai.

A.) Is it possible to get this thing on a PC, or does it absolutely have to be on a smartphone? I know some apps can also work on the PC.

B.) I've heard mixed things, is it worth getting into?
"We are all internet." -Lance Smith, 10/14/2011

Kaihaku
Site Admin

Post by Kaihaku »

a) The only official versions are iOS and Android, but I know a few people who run duplicate accounts on android emulators.
b) It's Fire Emblem Lite with Gacha elements. Your mileage may vary but, in my opinion...
- Single Player: The story is meh with surprisingly good strategy scenarios for the small map size.
- Events: They are frequent, varied, and - at least for me - enjoyable. There's not really a lot of depth though. Low effort engagement is nice when you're up at 2AM rocking a baby.
- PvP: The arena was a weak point for most of last year with just two units (Reinhardt & B!Lyn) dominating 90% of the cast... That's recently changed with new items and weapon upgrades that make older units viable again. I've come to enjoy it quite a bit now that it's possible to diversify and field surprise builds. The constantly evolving meta keeps things fresh - the powercreep is real but it's been done in a way that keeps many old units relevant.

All in all, it's fun for what it is and is easy to get into... The ease of access is one of the things that's kept me engaged. But it does leaves you hungry for a real Fire Emblem game (which, I imagine, was part of the point). It can be quite addicting, of course, but I'm primarily F2P so that keeps things locked down. It is also quite nice to see characters from Japanese only games get international release.

TheUnknownMarine

Hmmm. Well, seeing as I finally got a smartphone last month after... how many years of holding out? I guess I'll give it a spin. It's not like my phone is loaded with apps anyway.

Kiltman

Post by Kiltman »

Irenbend 4991090044.

Since you got me started on the game you should be my friend in it. My luck with drawing characters I want from a nostalgia standpoint sucks, and I've wasted tons of orbs of the FE4 stuff only to pick up Ayra from a random pull on another event. Now that Finn is in it, I am satisfied though.
"If something were to happen to me, all the world's women would grieve." -Edgar, FF3/6

Kaihaku
Site Admin

Post by Kaihaku »

Didn't realize that was you! Welcome aboard! There are a few more opportunities to team up with friends now (battalions) but I'm still hoping for more integration.

I finally managed to assemble an all Jugdral horse team featuring Sigurd, WT Olwen, Finn, and Nanna.
Finn-Kaihaku.png
Finn-Kaihaku.png (990.3 KiB) Viewed 27537 times

TheUnknownMarine

I've got Ike, Lyn, Nephenee, and Hector watching my back.

I was intending to swap out Neph for Eliwood once I find him, but man alive her stats are ridiculous.

ID is 9966843267.

Only took me nine months to download it lol.

Kaihaku
Site Admin

Post by Kaihaku »

I stopped playing this due to a combination of gacha being bad for me and my phone battery slowly failing. I picked it back up recently on a new phone, mostly for nostalgia, and was surprised by how bloated it feels now. The tracking complexity has skyrocketed over the last couple of years. It's also a lot more pushy on the monetization than it was back in the early years and really let itself go on the power creep (to be fair, that was starting before I left).

I think I'm going to uninstall after I check up on the story chapters but I'll be back to finish off the story campaign (which, rumor has it is, is one to two chapters from closure). I always like being able to say that I 'finished' a game, whatever that means in this case.

TheUnknownMarine

I've never spent a dime on it and am still having fun just messing around with the story and spending the free orbs they give you. Then again, I'm far from a 'hardcore' player as my long list of PVP defeats will attest.

The characters have grown on me, so I'll probably always check in every now and again to see where the story is going.