An advanced mechanical race created by the Earthlings, unlike robots Androids are humanoid in form and are programmed to imitate at least some humanoid behavior. They possess self-awareness and intelligence but are usually limited by programming to certain roles.
Physical Description: Androids are mechanical humanoids that vary widely in design.
Society: The majority of Androids are subservient to Earthlings and mimic the societal norms of their masters. As only a few Androids are not restricted by programming in this area the race as a whole has not yet developed any form of independent society.
Relations: Most Androids are, by design, subservient to Earthlings to some extent. In general, they are neutral to other races. However, Androids who are not limited by programming have widely diverse perspectives and, unrestricted by societal values, are entirely individualistic in their actions.
Nomenclature: Androids are generally named by Earthlings.
Standard Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, -2 Charisma, –2 Wisdom: Androids are powerful, but have trouble understanding and interacting with other species.
- Type: Androids are intelligent Constructs.
- Size: Androids are medium size.
- Base Speed: Androids have a base speed of 30 feet.
- No Psyche: Androids cannot take psionic class levels, psionic feats, or activate psionic items. They can benefit from psionic powers manifested by another creature but count as an object. Androids take a –4 penalty on saves against all psionic effects that are not negated by their immunities.
- Self-Powering: Androids can use their internal power source to power technological equipment and do not rely on power cells.
- Basic Technical Programming: Androids gain Technologist as a bonus feat.
- Electric and Sonic Vulnerability: Androids are vulnerable to electricity and sonic energy. They take +50% damage from all sonic and electric effects.
- Equipment Slots: Androids cannot use most standard humanoid equipment and must use equipment designed specifically for Androids. The exceptions are weapons, shields, and slotless items.
- Android Traits: Androids have no Constitution score. Any DCs or other statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty). Androids are immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms). Androids cannot heal damage on their own, but can often be repaired through the use of the Craft Construct feat. Constructs can also be healed through spells such as make whole. Constructs are not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage. Constructs are immune to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless). Constructs do not risk death due to massive damage, but they are immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or fewer. Constructs cannot be raised or resurrected, but can be repaired. Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep, unless they want to gain some beneficial effect from one of these activities.
- Languages: Androids begin play speaking Common and Machine. Androids with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except restricted languages).